Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
March 14th, 2020-
We are extremely thankful for the ongoing support and patience of our community as we work to make decisions that are best for our students, staff and families. As you know, Tolleson Elementary School District has been actively monitoring the global spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the advice from County, State, and Federal government, health and education officials. We have followed recommended guidelines for preventing the spread of the virus and its impact on our schools but after careful consideration, Tolleson Elementary School District has decided to close in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. Tonight, after much deliberation, the Tolleson Elementary School District Governing Board, made the decision to close all Tolleson Elementary School District schools. Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, all schools and departments will be closed for at least two weeks. This includes childcare, preschool and all before and after school activities.
How Can I Protect Myself and Others?
Maricopa County Department of Public Health has shared the following steps we can take to minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19:
- People who are ill, especially with upper-respiratory symptoms including runny nose, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath and sometimes fever should stay home.
- Always cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue or elbow.
- Wash hands with soap and water (or use hand sanitizer) after you touch your face, use the restroom and before you eat.
- Do not share water bottles, drinks, food, musical instruments and/or any items that touch your mouth (chapstick, lipstick, etc.).
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose since that is how germs get into the body.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (everyday household disinfectants are fine). Enhance cleaning of high touch surfaces like door knobs, toilet handles, and sink handles.