WHY CHOOSE DESERT OASIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL?
We are Desert Oasis Elementary School, a K-8 school right in the heart of Tolleson Elementary School District and just off Interstate 10 for those commuting into Phoenix to work. You can drive in the HOV lane to our school and drop off your children on the way to work, if you like, because we are a school of choice for families living outside our boundaries. We welcome students from beyond our boundaries for open enrollment.
For those families living within our school or district boundaries, you have chosen the right place to live for one of the very best schools in the Valley of the Sun!
We set high expectations for our students and are focused on a positive learning environment. This positive learning environment, along with a rigorous curriculum led by some of the finest teachers in the state is resulting in a school that is sought after by many families in the area.
For a sample of the many positive programs to ensure your children feel safe both emotionally and physically, we offer:
- A national role model for KIDS AT HOPE. In fact, all of the schools in Tolleson Elementary School District are KIDS AT HOPE schools and so is the city of Tolleson. That means that we are finding the best in children, building on those strengths and delivering the supports they need to be successful.
- Positive Behavior Interventions & Support School (PBIS). We focus on proactive strategies for defining, teaching and supporting appropriate student behavior and create positive, safe learning environments for children.
- Restorative Justice is a form of conflict resolution and a positive approach to resolving behavior problems and conflicts among students. We are building peer coaches among our student body and look forward to expanding this approach. It’s an entirely new way of looking at behavior and conflict resolution for students to avoid traditional approaches that result in children not engaged in learning.
- We ROAR every month! That’s right, we are the Tigers and we ROAR with a student breakfast to honor students each month who have shown they are role models in our school for engaging in their classroom. The students love hearing their teachers brag about them each month.
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) is a program in grades four through eight. Students are coding and building robots, and a new robotics class is being added for the 2019-20 school year. We also offer EPICS STEM Program through Arizona State University and Purdue University. This is a unique program that provides advanced STEM opportunities for our students.
- We are proud to partner with City of Phoenix and AARP to offer volunteer tutoring for our students.
Those are just a few of the unique programs we offer at Desert Oasis to ensure your children are positively engaged in learning.
And, for the 2019 – 20 school year we are excited to be opening a new, state-of-the-art building that will provide science classrooms and labs, as well as a brand new gymnasium and performing arts center. This new facility will include contemporary furniture for active classrooms and group learning opportunities.
Our WELCOME CENTER is open to welcome you and make sure you are easily enrolled in our school. You can reach the center at 602-533-3980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We know you have a choice in schools, and we appreciate each and every family who chooses Desert Oasis Elementary School! Thank you!