The Tolleson Elementary School District welcomes the opportunity to promote events to our students that meet a minimum set of criteria approved by our Governing Board.
The flyer must contain the following disclaimer:
THE TOLLESON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT NEITHER ENDORSES NOR SPONSORS THE ORGANIZATION OR ACTIVITY REPRESENTED IN THIS DOCUMENT. THE DISTRIBUTION OF THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED AS A COMMUNITY SERVICE.
- No materials that promote alcohol or tobacco products, or have alcohol or tobacco products as a sponsor, will be approved.
- Flyers must not use fighting words, obscenities, defamatory speech or encourage disruption of the educational environment.
- Flyers that contain a logo for a for-profit company will not be approved.
- Flyers that include the name(s) and location(s) of schools not in the Tolleson Elementary School District will not be approved
- Flyers must be at the school(s) site at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Flyers cannot be larger than the standard 8 1/2” x 11” sheet of paper.
Process for Flyer Distribution Approval
- The interested entity will be advised to submit a Request To Display Or Stack Materials application along with a copy of their flyer to the contact person listed.
- The flyer must contain the district disclaimer somewhere within the body of the flyer to be displayed.
- The interested entity’s contact person will be informed that upon approval, the flyer will not be distributed to students as the event is not a school-sponsored event and the flyer will be on display in the school office.
- Once all materials are received they will be submitted to the District Superintendent for approval.
- If approved the interested entity and school office staff will be notified via email.